Smart Alarm Terms & Conditions
Computer Security Measures
At Smart Alarms, we take your security very seriously, we value your trust, and understand that protecting your personal information is our most important responsibility. We have taken many important steps to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information.
All of the pages that you provide your sensitive personal information to us are secure. The padlock icon found in most browsers will appear locked and the first characters of the website address will change from “http” to “https” if you are accessing a secure server which lets you know that your information is encrypted.
You can trust that your information remains secure because our computer systems are protected in the following ways:
- Secure Transmissions. This ensures that your information remains confidential. We use encryption technology, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to transmit information between you and us. We use some of the strongest forms of encryption available to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery. This protects your information in three key ways:
- Authentication. This ensures that you are communicating with Smart Alarm, and prevents other computers from impersonating us.
- Encryption. This scrambles transferred data so it cannot be read by unauthorized parties. From the moment information leaves your computer to the time it enters Smart Alarm’s system, all online access and sessions are encrypted. During any transaction, our encryption turns your information into code with billions of possible variations to make it secure. Once we receive the information, our computer systems decipher the code back into meaningful information so that we can complete your request. Only Smart Alarm authorized individuals are allowed to access the information.
- Data Integrity. This verifies that the information you send to us is not altered during the transfer. The system detects if data was added, deleted, or altered after you sent the message.
- Anti-Virus Protection. This detects and prevents viruses from entering our computer network systems. In addition, every email we send and receive is scanned by two systems before the message is transmitted and each individual computer is protected with it’s own anti-virus protection.
- Firewalls. This blocks unauthorized access by individuals or networks. Firewalls are one way we protect our computer systems that interact with the Internet.
When you place your order online, Smart Alarm accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Your credit card information is used to pay for your total due at the time of your order and it will also be used to automatically pay your monthly monitoring bill each month. Our security of information policies listed above ensure that your information is safe and secure. If you would like to change the credit card used for your monthly payments, simply call 1800 954 764.